Saturday, January 3, 2009

Brook Macarandan

Hi Everyone,

I was with Brook Thursday and Friday and each day there is a little improvement. Improved color and increased breathing on her own though she is still on a ventilator. Other physical signs are encouraging. She is still sedated a lot of the time and in a coma.
Today her first husband Doug spent time with her.
She is opening her eyes, her pupils are responding to light and she may even be responding to peoples' voices. We're hoping.
I'm having my ups and downs. Friends are helping me see Brook, food shop and run errands. I am very grateful because it's hard being so far away and I couldn't do these things myself.
Spending time with Brook, holding her hand and telling her how everyone is praying for her does make it a better day.

No comments: